Basic Green Smoothie Recipe...
Drinking a green smoothie is just about the healthiest thing you can do to start your day off right. They're loaded with naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, enzymes, fiber, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. They may sound, or even look, a little intimidating - but green smoothies actually taste very good...if done right. And remember this is just a basic starter recipe. Feel free to add, subtract, or substitute ingredients to suit your own taste.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seed
- 1/4 lb. dark, raw, leafy greens (e.g. chard, kale, spinach, etc.)
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups frozen fruit/berries
- 1 cup ice (optional)
- Add water, flax/chia seed, and washed greens to the blender. Blend on high for 30-60 seconds or until greens are thoroughly pureed and smooth. The mixture should be at about the 16 oz. line after blending.
- Add bananas and frozen fruit; blend on medium for 30-60 seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Add ice and blend on medium until smooth.
- Makes about 32 fluid ounces. Share with a loved one, or drink half for breakfast and half for lunch. Enjoy!