Healthy Granola Recipe...
This tasty granola is chock full of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. It goes great with yogurt or kefir. Try to use organic ingredients and raw unsalted nuts if you can. Your local health food store should have most of the ingredients. Costco usually has a great deal on almonds and walnuts also.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (kernels)
- 1/4 cup freshly ground flax seed or 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (Real Salt or Himalayan sea salt)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment or aluminum foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir together the agave nectar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in a saucepan on low heat until melted. Pour over dry ingredients and stir until evenly coated. Spread mixture out flat on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven (275° F) for 15-20 minutes or until lightly toasted. Let cool and enjoy!